Dear parishioners of the Cathedral of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. In the midst of the uncertainty we are experiencing due to the pandemic caused by COVID-19, we want to encourage each one of you with the words of Saint Paul to Timothy: "For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have... For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice but rather of power and love and self-control... bear you share of hardship for the Gospel with the strength that comes from God." 2 Tim 1: 6-8
So, we announce that starting Monday, March 23:
1. We will have the celebration of Holy Mass Monday Through Friday broadcast live on our web page at 8:05 am, Noon, and 4 pm in Spanish. Saturday Mass will be at broadcast at 8:05 am. The Litany of the Sacred Heart of Jesus will be prayed following the 8:05 am Mass. The Rosary will be prayed following the Noon Mass. The Chaplet of Divine Mercy will be prayed at 3 pm Daily, and the Rosary will be prayed in Spanish following the 4 pm Spanish Mass.
2. We will have the Stations of the Cross broadcast live on Fridays at 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm in Spanish.
3. Adoration with Rosary will be broadcast every Wednesday from 5:30 pm-6:30 pm.
4. This is a time for all of us to unite in prayer for each other, so increase your prayers and devotions at home, such as reading the Word of God, meditation, and also sharing together as a family.
5. While the Cathedral will normally be open M-F from 9 am to 9 pm, the Cathedral will be closed while Mass is being said, and will not be able to admit anyone to the Cathedral during Mass. During other times of the day, please practice social distancing and do not gather in groups larger than ten people.
6. Please note: all live broadcasts will be on the internet on our YouTube channel(link below). Enter here, and you can see all of the above.
May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus bless us mercifully.
Watch a live stream of Mass here / Misa En Vivo
DOK to close schools through April 13th.A Working Parents’ Guide to Handling the Unexpected