How do I plan for a Funeral Mass at Sacred Heart Cathedral?
- Please contact Campus Events Coordinator Scott Barron at 865-300-6078
What planning needs to be done for a Funeral Mass?
- There is one meeting with the family for approximately 30-45 minutes with Scott Barron (to plan the Mass) and with the Director of Liturgical Music(to share your personal thoughts for his Homily).
- For the Funeral Mass, you will choose Four Hymns, one Old Testament text, one Responsorial Psalm, one New Testament text, and one page of Intercessions.
- You will also need to choose three readers, several presenters of the Offertory Gifts and two Communion Cup Ministers (if already trained).
- (Optional) You may designate one person to offer “Remarks of Remembrance” for 3-5 minutes at the very end of mass