Founded in 1956, the Cathedral Parish and School and serve approximately 2200 registered families. The Cathedral Parish is seeking a seasoned bookkeeper with at least 5 years’ experience to serve a non-profit organization with an annual budget of approximately $7.5 million. The Cathedral Parish promotes the spiritual growth of all members of the parish community through its mission to worship, teach, and serve. Our employees enjoy a business casual work environment, opportunities for development, and a way to impact the lives of others in a positive manner.
Description of Essential Functions: This position shall be knowledgeable of Catholic beliefs and practices and will work in accordance with the mission, values, and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church. This position shall help train team members to count collections and record collections from Masses, verify the collection sheet, post deposits, and pay all bills. This position will require knowledge of journal entries and accounts payable.
As a person ensuring the fiscal health of the organization, the candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or non-profit or division of a large corporation or non-profit organization.
- Experience in financial management, reporting, and analysis preferable.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with information technology.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Strong ability to think and act independently.
- Must be able to pass a background check successfully.
Please email or mail: a cover letter of application, resume, and three current letters of recommendation to:
Mary Mac Wilson
Director of Parish Operations
Sacred Heart Cathedral
417 Erin Drive, Suite 120
Knoxville, TN 37919
The Diocese of Knoxville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
The Cathedral of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus is looking for a Cathedral Porter. This role will provide cleaning and related maintenance services as assigned by the Facilities Administrator. Interested candidates can submit a resume at the parish or contact Tom Greer at email@example.com or 865-558-4108 for more information.