Regular Mass Times
The Cathedral of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus offers nursery care for children during the 9:00 and 11:00 am Masses each Sunday. Care is available for children ages six weeks up through rising kindergartners. Please enter through Sacred Heart Cathedral’s pre-school entrance on Erin Drive. Please call 865-558-4129 if you have any questions.
Join Our Parish!
In the midst of the uncertainty we are experiencing due to the pandemic caused by COVID-19, While the Cathedral will normally be open M-F from 9 am to 9 pm, the Cathedral will be closed while Mass is being said, and will not be able to admit anyone to the Cathedral during Mass. During other times of the day, please practice social distancing and do not gather in groups larger than ten people.
8:05 am | 12:00 pm
8:05 am Mass | 5:00 pm (Vigil)
7:30 am | 9:00 am | 11:00 am | 1:00 pm Spanish
Wednesdays 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm & Saturdays 8:30 am to 10:00 am Currently by Appointment Only
Palm Sunday, April 5th
Regular Mass Schedule 5:00 pm (Saturday 4/4 Vigil), April 5th 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm (Spanish)
Holy Thursday, April 9th
Morning Prayer: 8:05 am Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:00 pm
Good Friday, April 10th
Morning Prayer: 8:05 am, Stations of the Cross Noon, The Good Friday Service-Passion of the Lord 3:00 pm
Holy Saturday, April 11th
8:05 am Morning Prayer / 7:00 pm Vigil mass
Easter Sunday, April 12th
Masses at 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 1:00 pm (Spanish)
WHERE TO PARK
- Parking is available on the Southside of campus behind the gym and the upper Chancery lot. On the Northside, use the new lot in by the school entrance canopy and designated businesses along Erin Drive such as People’s Bank, and Emert, Mitchell & Hill.
- Handicapped access is available in the North and South lots adjacent to the cathedral for ease of entry through the side doors.
- Golf cart shuttles are available to and from the church.
Sacred Heart Cathedral is centrally located in West Knoxville at 711 S. Northshore Drive in the heart of the Bearden community.
- From the West: Take I-40 East, exit at Papermill Road/Northshore Drive. Follow the sign to Northshore Drive. Stay straight through the light at Kingston Pike and travel a half mile. Sacred Heart Cathedral will be on your right just past Baum Drive.
- From the East: Take I-40 West, take the Papermill Road exit and turn left onto Papermill at the light. Take a left at the next light onto Northshore Drive. Follow Northshore Drive through Kingston Pike and Baum Drive lights. SHC will be on the right.
USCCB 2020 Liturgical Calendar
Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God (Holy Day of Obligation)
The Epiphany of the Lord
Palm Sunday of the Passion of the Lord
Friday of the Passion of the Lord (Good Friday)
Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord
Divine Mercy Sunday
The Ascension of the Lord (Holy Day of Obligation)
The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Solemnity of All Saints (Holy Day of Obligation)
The Commemoration of All the Faithful Departed (All Souls’ Day)
The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Holy Day of Obligation)
Our Lady of Guadalupe
The Nativity of the Lord/Christmas (Holy Day of Obligation)
See the full Liturgical Year HERE.