Sacred Heart Cathedral
Sacred Heart Cathedral Knoxville, founded in 1956, is home to Sacred Heart Cathedral Church and School and serves approximately 1600 registered families. Sacred Heart Cathedral is seeking a seasoned leader and accountant with at least 5 years’ experience to serve a $7.5 million non-profit organization. Sacred Heart Cathedral promotes the spiritual growth of all members of the parish community through its mission to worship, teach, and serve. Our employees enjoy a business casual work environment, opportunities for development, and a way to impact the lives of others in a positive manner.
Description of Essential Functions: This position shall show knowledge of a Catholic philosophy of education, values, and will work in accordance with the mission, values, and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church. This position shall help maintain the financial stability of Sacred Heart Cathedral Church and School. This position will require knowledge of all financial and related functions of Sacred Heart including budgeting, accounting, investments, risk management, real estate, facilities, and contracted benefits.
As a person ensuring the fiscal health of the organization, the candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration; master’s degree in accounting, finance, or a master’s in business administration (MBA) preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or non-profit or division of a large corporation or non-profit organization.
- Experience in financial management, reporting, and analysis preferable.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient with information technology.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Strong ability to think and act independently.
- Must be able to pass a background check successfully.
Please email or mail: cover letter of application, resume, and three current letters of recommendation to:
Mary Mac Wilson
Director of Parish Operations
Sacred Heart Cathedral
417 Erin Drive, Suite 120
Knoxville, TN 37919
The Diocese of Knoxville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage all qualified applicants to apply.