SACRED HEART CATHEDRAL WELCOMES YOU AND CONGRATULATES YOU ON YOUR UPCOMING CELEBRATION OF THE SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE
- An initial appointment should be made with the parish office who is celebrating the ceremony. 865-588-0249
- Once the Priest approves the date and time for the rehearsal and wedding, please notify the wedding coordinator and the office staff immediately. The church will be reserved by the parish staff.
- No weddings will be scheduled during Lent or Advent
- All arrangements for the wedding should be made by the couple themselves, not by parents or relatives.
- The couple is responsible that all wedding policies are followed and should give these guidelines to their photographer, videographer, outside florist, and the wedding party.
- Any damage to the cathedral is the couple’s responsibility.
- Dressing rooms-If getting dressed at the church, please contact the wedding coordinator to reserve rooms.
- No alcohol is allowed on the campus of Sacred Heart Cathedral while preparing for the wedding.
- Due to fire regulations, the Narthex of the cathedral must always be kept clear, and all front doors must be unlocked.
- Sanctuary furniture may not be moved or removed without permission of the cathedral staff.
- No smoking, food or drink is allowed in the Cathedral or in the restrooms.
- Rehearsals are at 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm. Rehearsals usually last one hour.
- Please make sure all of the members of your wedding party are at the rehearsal and on time. It is strongly encouraged that Lectors, EMCs, and Parents attend the rehearsal.
- The photographer and videographer should also attend the rehearsal to receive directions from the Celebrant.
*SACRED HEART RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE THESE GUIDELINES AT ANY TIME*
*IMAGE COURTESY: KATIE HANNAH PHOTO*